- A spokesperson for Rush released the following statement:
"Congressman Rush said he spoke with the police superintendent and he accepted his apology on behalf of the officers involved. It was never his intention to get the officers fired, he wanted to bring attention to the disparities in traffic stop. The officers contend they pulled him over after running his plates---however, his plates are the only one in the country that is registered in Illinois and to the 1st Congressional District of Illinois. His plates simply read with the numeral one, and United States Congress. With that said, he felt threatened as an African-American elder in the community, and filed the complaint to bring attention to what every citizens in his community experience with dubious traffic stops."
That is among the more poorly written paragraphs we've ever seen - and we've been writing novels for nearly 11 years now. This can be read two ways:
- Version 1 - "Congressman Rush said [Congressman Rush] spoke with the police superintendent and [the police superintendent] accepted [Congressman Rush's] apology on behalf of the officers involved.
In which case, our question is, "Why isn't Rush apologizing in person to the officers? Oh yeah, he's a gutless pussy who can't be bothered to correct the record.
- Version 2 - "Congressman Rush said [Congressman Rush] spoke with the police superintendent and [Congressman Rush] accepted [the police superintendent's] apology on behalf of the officers involved.
In which case, we have two questions:
- Who the fuck does Special Ed think he is apologizing to this turd for the completely legal, correct and exonerated actions of his officers?
- How does Bobby Rush's dick taste Ed?
We need some clarification.
If it's Version 1, well, Rush is an asshole, and no one expects much from assholes - except shit - which Rush supplies on a near daily basis.
If it's Version 2, it's time for a "no confidence" motion by the FOP as Special Ed has obviously lost his fucking mind, and Special Ed needs to immediately resign as he's lost the entire Department.